The Stickleback Fish Company Ltd is a fast-growing wholesaler and distributor of fresh and frozen seafood products to the catering and hospitality sector. As our business continues to grow and develop, we are always interested to hear from people who can enhance our friendly, expert team in Welham Green, Hertfordshire.
Factory Cleaner – Mon – Sat mornings
We are looking for 1 or 2 part time people to join our Factory cleaning team. We need the hours 7.30am – 12.30 pm Mon – Sat covered. This could be 2 part time people alternating Saturdays or sharing the week in another way. We do require flexibility to cover holidays and other absences.
Day to day duties:
- Cleaning down the production area when the team are finished and all deliveries are out.
- Disposing of waste packaging
- General housekeeping duties
- Assisting the production team as required.
Requirement of our Factory cleaners
- Experience in a similar role
- Hard working and flexible
- Pride in their work – high standard required
- Robust and used to physical work
- Happy to work in a chilled environment with food
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Delivery Driver – multi drop
As our business grows we are looking for new members of our driving team. We will consider part time or full time candidates for this role but each will include the Saturday.
Day to day duties for the Driving role
- Delivering our seafood products – fresh and frozen to our customers
- Managing delivery paperwork
- Interacting with the customer as the face of the business
- Driving with good care and attention and taking responsibility for the delivery vehicle.
Requirements of a Delivery Driver:
- Experience of multi drop
- Good customer service
- Clean driving licence
Hours: Full time 5 shifts over Mon – Sat 37.5 hours per week / Part time 3 shifts Thur – Sat 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £9.25 – £10.00 per hour
Shift Supervisor – nights
We are looking for a highly motivated self- starter to work alongside our Production manager to run the night shift. The basics of the role are below:
- Manage the night shift production process from order picking through to dispatch
- Ensure our products are of the highest quality and are picked, prepared and packed to an excellent standard.
- Manage health, safety and environmental compliance in line with company processes and procedures and food industry standards e.g.: MSC / Salsa
- Optimise all aspects of operational performance including efficiencies, cost, waste and yield whilst driving continuous improvement
Experience in a similar role is needed with fish / food industry experience desirable. Our ideal candidate will posses proven supervisory skills, a good understanding of the common IT packages and a willingness to learn new skills. We need our shift manager to be hardworking, have a good attention to detail and have excellent people skills.
The working hours are 50 per week with the night shift starting at 22.00 until 08.30. The week runs from Sunday night through to Friday night with a shift off in the week. Flexibility is required at peak times.
Hours: 50 per week, full time nights
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 per annum
We operate a tight ship with everyone pulling together to ensure the orders are prepared to the highest standard and delivered on time to our customers. Our reputation is everything. You will join a tight knit team of skilled and experienced people happy to share their knowledge.
We offer a competitive salary according to skills and experience. We provide 28 days holiday including public holidays, a new Profit Share scheme, Contributory Pension , Corporate Eye Care, and a generous weekly Fish Allowance after one month.
If you would like to apply for a role at Stickleback, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com or call Sally Mitchell, Head of HR on 01707 257462.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We succeed in a competitive environment by selling top quality fish and seafood products with a high degree of customer care and service and we have some significant customers in our portfolio. We operate a tight ship with everyone pulling together to ensure the orders are prepared to the highest standard and delivered on time to our customers. Our reputation is everything.
We have a “can do” attitude and we strive to meet customer needs; we expect this attitude from our staff. We require the 3 A’s – good Attendance, a good Attitude and the relevant Ability; we provide training as required and are committed to developing our staff.