The Stickleback Fish Company Ltd is a fast-growing wholesaler and distributor of fresh and frozen seafood products to the catering and hospitality sector. As our business continues to grow and develop, we are always interested to hear from people who can enhance our friendly, expert team in Welham Green, Hertfordshire.
We require experienced fishmongers with proven ability who can enhance our friendly, expert team and be part of our growth. Working as a key part of an excellent production team in a small factory environment you will fillet, portion and prepare seafood to the highest standard as the customer and business requires. We expect a good attention to detail, physical stamina and an ability to work under pressure.
This will be rewarded with a competitive salary, contributory pension, corporate eye care scheme, childcare vouchers plus a staff fish allowance. Full workwear is provided.
This role is 5 shifts a week between Sunday night (1 am start) and Friday night. Weekly contracted hours 45. Flexibility required to work extra hours as required.
Job Type: Full-time night shift contracted 45 hours per week plus extra hours as required.
Salary: £23,000 – £25,700 per annum plus benefits shown below.
- Multi drop Delivery driver – full and part time
We are looking for experienced delivery drivers to join our distribution team. We have a full time vacancy working 5 mornings per week including Friday and Saturday .
We are also interested in hearing from anyone who can commit to around 5 shifts a month delivering for us. This is not a zero hours contract.
The shift can start from between 5am – 6.30am until all deliveries are made. This will depend on the location of the round and the number of drops.
A positive and friendly manner is essential for our drivers as they are the face of our business. We look for flexible, well presented individuals with a good attention to detail with our paperwork and procedures and a good driving record. We provide uniform and appropriate weatherproof clothing.
Our benefits include 28 days holiday including bank holidays – (pro rata for part time) a contributory pension, corporate eye care scheme and a staff fish allowance.We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time / Part time
Salary: £8.50 – £9.00 per hour plus benefits shown below.
- Credit Controller – part time
We are looking for an experienced individual to partner with our current credit controller. This has been a busy role so this side of our finance team needs to grow as our business is growing.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will manage a diverse portfolio of customers ranging from: Cafes to Restaurants, Pubs to Hotels, Schools to Care Homes, Colleges to Catering Companies, based in the South East of England.
- Responsible for Credit Evaluation and Risk Assessment in accordance with the Company credit policy. Full management process including setting up of customer accounts, risk assessment and establishing credit limits.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable cash collection and application, ensuring all debts are collected.
- Monitor payment performance of the portfolio of accounts, prioritise customers for collection actions and follow up.
- Create and develop effective working relationships with key accounts. Drive and facilitate interactions with external/internal customers and third parties,
- Sales/Marketing, Customer Service.
- Responsible for handling invoice query resolution and documentation.
- Ensure high risk accounts are escalated to Management for action as appropriate.
- Generate weekly/monthly statements and payment due letters. Proactive cash collection methods employed to strive to achieve past due and DSO targets set.
- Review and develop internal processes/procedures with management to ensure best practice methods are used and are fit for purpose.
- Responsibility for legal and liquidated accounts including communication with solicitors, insolvency practitioners, receivers and liquidators.
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Relevant financial qualifications desirable
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Job type :Part time 18 hours per week. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Timing of hours negotiable.
Salary: £11.00 – £12.00 per hour plus benefits shown below
Closing date for applications: 8 October
Interviews to be held between 16 – 18 October.
We offer a competitive salary according to skills and experience. We provide 28 days holiday including public holidays, a contributory pension scheme, corporate eye care scheme, child care vouchers and a generous discretionary weekly fish allowance after one month.
If you would like to apply for a role at Stickleback, please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected] or call Sally Mitchell, Head of HR on 01707 257462.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We succeed in a competitive environment by selling top quality fish and seafood products with a high degree of customer care and service and we have some significant customers in our portfolio. We operate a tight ship with everyone pulling together to ensure the orders are prepared to the highest standard and delivered on time to our customers. Our reputation is everything.
We have a “can do” attitude and we strive to meet customer needs; we expect this attitude from our staff. We require the 3 A’s – good Attendance, a good Attitude and the relevant Ability; we provide training as required and are committed to developing our staff.
We have recently partnered with a training provider to work with us to deliver Level 2 and 3 F.D.Q (Food Drink Qualifications similar to N.V.Q) in a variety of relevant subject areas. We actively support and encourage continuous development and accreditation for skills our people bring to our business.