The Stickleback Fish Company Ltd is a fast-growing wholesaler and distributor of fresh and frozen seafood products to the catering and hospitality sector. As our business continues to grow and develop, we are always interested to hear from people who can enhance our friendly, expert team in Welham Green, Hertfordshire.
Factory Cleaner – Mon – Sat mornings – part time hours / job share considered.
We are looking for 1 or 2 part time people to join our Factory cleaning team. We need the hours 7.30am – 12.30 pm Mon – Sat covered. This could be 2 part time people alternating Saturdays or sharing the week in another way. We do require flexibility to cover holidays and other absences.
Day to day duties:
- Cleaning down the production area when the team are finished and all deliveries are out.
- Disposing of waste packaging
- General housekeeping duties
- Assisting the production team as required.
Requirement of our Factory cleaners
- Experience in a similar role
- Hard working and flexible
- Pride in their work – high standard required
- Robust and used to physical work
- Happy to work in a chilled environment with food
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Fishmonger – rotating shift days / nights
We are looking for experienced blockmen who can enhance our friendly expert team to be part of our growth.
Day to day duties
- Working as a key part of an excellent production team in a small factory environment you will fillet, portion and prepare seafood to the highest standard as the customer and business requires.
- We expect a good attention to detail, physical stamina and an ability to work under pressure.
- Working with production managers to ensure our processes work effectively and in accordance with all required company and industry standards
- Experience in a similar role – we are ideally looking for a blockman
- Night shift working experience essential
- Familiar with a wide range of species and their preparation.
Hours: Full-time 45 hours per week, 5 shifts per week. Rotating days / nights. 3 weeks of days / 2 weeks of nights. 0500 – 1430 Mon – Fri & 2200 – 0730 Sun – Fri
Salary: £24,500.00 to £26,500.00 /year
We operate a tight ship with everyone pulling together to ensure the orders are prepared to the highest standard and delivered on time to our customers. Our reputation is everything. You will join a tight knit team of skilled and experienced people happy to share their knowledge.
We offer a competitive salary according to skills and experience. We provide 28 days holiday including public holidays, a new Profit Share scheme, Contributory Pension , Corporate Eye Care, and a generous weekly Fish Allowance after one month.
If you would like to apply for a role at Stickleback, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com or call Sally Mitchell, Head of HR on 01707 257462.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We succeed in a competitive environment by selling top quality fish and seafood products with a high degree of customer care and service and we have some significant customers in our portfolio. We operate a tight ship with everyone pulling together to ensure the orders are prepared to the highest standard and delivered on time to our customers. Our reputation is everything.
We have a “can do” attitude and we strive to meet customer needs; we expect this attitude from our staff. We require the 3 A’s – good Attendance, a good Attitude and the relevant Ability; we provide training as required and are committed to developing our staff.