The Stickleback Fish Company Ltd is a fast-growing wholesaler and distributor of fresh and frozen seafood products to the catering and hospitality sector. As our business continues to grow and develop, we are always interested to hear from people who can enhance our friendly, expert team in Welham Green, Hertfordshire.
We require a motivated self-starter with experience of managing relationships to join our sales team. Our key target market includes chains of pubs and restaurants, educations establishments, purchasing groups and catering companies as well as high volume restaurants and pubs.
- Operating as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to your accounts
- Customer account management, including negotiations and agreements
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Develop “trusted advisor” relationships with key accounts
- Ensure the timely and successful solutions for customer needs and objectives
- Clearly depict and communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly progress to Sales Director
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales targets
- Collaborate with BDM to identify and grow opportunities within set areas
The ideal will have enthusiasm and energy and the ability to work well in a team but be self motivated. We require excellent communication skills and the ability to strike a deal. You will need to be organised with good admin skills. No sales experience necessary but an interest in selling and an appetite for business development is very desirable. This is a great job for someone looking to develop their skills to progress into a selling role.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Mon – Fri 08.30 – 16.30
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 per annum
Shift Supervisor – nights
We are looking for a highly motivated self- starter to work alongside our Production manager to run the night shift. The basics of the role are below:
- Manage the night shift production process from order picking through to dispatch
- Ensure our products are of the highest quality and are picked, prepared and packed to an excellent standard.
- Manage health, safety and environmental compliance in line with company processes and procedures and food industry standards e.g.: MSC / Salsa
- Optimise all aspects of operational performance including efficiencies, cost, waste and yield whilst driving continuous improvement
Experience in a similar role is needed with fish / food industry experience desirable. Our ideal candidate will posses proven supervisory skills, a good understanding of the common IT packages and a willingness to learn new skills. We need our shift manager to be hardworking, have a good attention to detail and have excellent people skills.
The working hours are 50 per week with the night shift starting at 22.00 until 08.30. The week runs from Sunday night through to Friday night with a shift off in the week. Flexibility is required at peak times.
Hours: 50 per week, full time nights
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 per annum
We operate a tight ship with everyone pulling together to ensure the orders are prepared to the highest standard and delivered on time to our customers. Our reputation is everything. You will join a tight knit team of skilled and experienced people happy to share their knowledge.
We offer a competitive salary according to skills and experience. We provide 28 days holiday including public holidays, a new Profit Share scheme, Contributory Pension , Corporate Eye Care, and a generous weekly Fish Allowance after one month.
If you would like to apply for a role at Stickleback, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com or call Sally Mitchell, Head of HR on 01707 257462.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We succeed in a competitive environment by selling top quality fish and seafood products with a high degree of customer care and service and we have some significant customers in our portfolio. We operate a tight ship with everyone pulling together to ensure the orders are prepared to the highest standard and delivered on time to our customers. Our reputation is everything.
We have a “can do” attitude and we strive to meet customer needs; we expect this attitude from our staff. We require the 3 A’s – good Attendance, a good Attitude and the relevant Ability; we provide training as required and are committed to developing our staff.